Chicken Curry Dish

Chicken Curry is Indian dish. Long time ago, I tasted it in my friend's house and since then I am cooking it with my own twist.

Ingredients:

6 chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter
1 onion (finely chopped/diced)
1 tomato (diced)
½ teaspoon fresh garlic or garlic powder
½ teaspoon curry powder
¼ cardamom powder
1 tablespoon tomato paste
a pinch of ginger powder
¼ teaspoon hot red chili pepper (berbere)
4 small cinnamon stick
4 bay leaves
12-15 oz plain yogurt
1 cup of water
1 lime or lemon
Black pepper and Salt to taste

Preparation:


1st Step: Clean the chicken breasts with fresh water, lemon/lime and a pinch of salt;

2nd Step: Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry; make 2 light slits on each piece;

3rd Step: In a low heat, melt the butter; add onion, garlic and sauté till tender;

4th Step: Add the chicken breasts to the onion; stir and cook until the chicken turns golden brown (10 minutes);

5th Step: Meanwhile, mix with one cup of water, the diced tomato, tomato paste, red chili pepper powder, curry, cinnamon stick, cloves, bay leaves, ginger, cardamom. Add it to the chicken and mix well. Cook for 15 minutes or till the water is reduced;

6th Step: Remove cinnamon sticks and bay leaves; add the plain yogurt to the chicken. Stir and cook it for 5 minutes.

Serve it warm with rice.

4 servings.
For nutritional facts of this recipe please visit http://www.food.com/353107

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

My name is Yewoin and my hobby is cooking. These simple, nutritious and tasty recipes are from my kitchen to yours. I hope you will enjoy them.

I have published, a cookbook called Yewoin's Family Recipes: Cooking and Caring. The main purpose of the cookbook is to use the proceeds to help the elderly people of Ethiopia. The cookbook has many more recipes including vegetarians and vegans.

If you have any question or suggestion, my e-mail address is yewoinfamilycooking@gmail.com

Here are some of my recipes:

Some of my recipes' nutritional facts and the calories content are analyzed. You may find a link at the bottom of each recipe.